자유게시판

15 Hot Trends Coming Soon About Audi G28

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Judy
댓글 0건 조회 7회 작성일 24-10-24 16:07

본문

How to Replace an spare audi key G28 Engine Speed Sensor

In this video Charles the Humble Mechanic demonstrates how to replace the G28 engine speed sensor. The sensor is located on the edge of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear. It transmits a signal to the ECU via the grey wire T55/49 and then to the tachometer located on the instrument cluster.

1. Engine Speed Sensor

Located on the edge of the transmission above the flywheel ring gear G28 Engine Speed Sensor sends a signal to ECU pin T55/49 through an uncolored wire. The ECU uses this information to control boost and fuel. It also sends an indication to the G5 Tachometer in instrument cluster.

The sensor is used to correlate with the G40 Camshaft position Sensor. The ecu has to be aware of when the crankshaft has reached TDC and also the position of the camshaft, in order to activate the spark and injectors.

If this sensor fails the ECU will throw the P00160 error, which means the Crank Shaft and Intake Camshaft aren't in sync and could indicate the chain is stretched or a jump link on the upper chain of timing. The code won't show without the additional information supplied by other sensors (G4 or G40).

It is a little tricky to test since there are different connector pins, and each one has different functions. The most effective method to test it is by measuring the resistance between the ECU and the sensor. If the sensor is functional, it should read approximately 1000 ohms. Examine replacement key for audi signs of coolant or oil in the connector bay if you are experiencing issues with this component.

2. Injectors

Yesterday, audi replacement key Cost as i was accelerating off the highway paytoll at full speed, i noticed a huge drop in power. It was like the engine had run out of gas. Or my injectors weren't firing. I took out the spark plugs this morning, three were drenched in gasoline and the fourth was dry. When i crank the engine with no sparks i put tissue on top of each injector hole, the 3 drenched with gazoline jump out but the 4th stay shut. I tried to test the ground connections of ECU pins 14,30, and 48/55. I got 0ohm. I'm assuming the issue is elsewhere.

I also tried to reset PID but without success. The car is able to start if the G28 is unplugged and runs fine when it is connected, but still has intermittent misfire issues at higher RPM. The coolant sensor (G62), even when unplugged, still shows temperatures of -49c. Also, i noticed that the gauge for oil pressure in the cockpit is showing 2 bar, whereas the actual pressure is 0.0 if i crank up the engine.

I don't know what to do. I believe that I've all other possibilities out. I'm concerned that i may have missed something. If anyone has any ideas please chime in! TIA!

3. Fuel Pump

The fuel pump in the g28 gets a signal from the RPM sensor. The GM-style transmitter is similar to the G4 sender, and both operate on the 80,100,200, UrS, and RS2 vehicles. You can easily find an extra in a wrecking shop or a parts store. Testing them is easy - put your DMM in resistance mode and take measurements between pins 1 (with the bump on the connector's side up) and 2 (2nd from left on the black connector's end). They must be infinite Ohms.

4. ECU

happy-african-american-businessman-holding-car-key-2022-12-16-16-36-17-utc-min-scaled.jpgOur 20vt turbo (3B AAN, ABY, and ADU) engines are equipped with an ECU that needs to know the speed and position of the crankshaft in order to make decisions regarding timing of the fuel injector, for example. To do this, it utilizes a Crank Position Sensor (G4) and an Engine Speed Sensor (G28). If you encounter a problem with either of these sensors, the diagnostic scanner will show the codes that could trigger an engine shutdown.

The signs of a malfunctioning G28 sensor are an inaccurate gearbox rev counter and gears that shift faster than normal and/or a misfire when in gear. It is probable that your sensor is failing and needs to be replaced if you experience any of these symptoms. They're inexpensive and easy to locate especially when they're an Bosch unit like ours. Alternatively, the GM version of this unit is also a good option.

5. Tachometer

A damaged engine sensor could cause a myriad of issues in your vehicle. It is an important part of the transmission in your audi replacement key cost because it relays information to the ECU on how fast or slowly the engine is spinning. This sensor could cause the transmission to malfunction and other components of the car to be affected.

The G5 engine sensor is located at the outskirts of the transmission, just above the flywheel ring. It sends a signal via an uncolored wire to the ECU pin T55/49. The ECU utilizes this signal to control the amount of fuel and boost, and also timig. It also transmits it to the G5 Tachometer located in the instrument cluster. You can determine if the sensor Audi Advanced Key is in failure by examining the continuity of the sensor to the tachometer. Also, you can verify continuity between pin T55/49 of the ECU and pin T6a/1 of the instrument cluster (trace [79]) and between pin T6a/1 as well as pin T26a/12. You should detect a resistance of approximately 1000 ohms between these two points. This is a common part that is found across the replacement Audi a3 Key 80, 100 200, UrS and RS2 range from 1985 MC until the 1997 UrS AAN and 1995 RS2 ADU so good ones might be availble in wrecking yards.

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Copyright © http://seong-ok.kr All rights reserved.